Saturday 9 May 2015

Definitely not a card

I've been having a bit of a messy morning, and finally got to put a idea that's been swooshing around all week into practice.


Now I have two notebooks that I use to record challenges. An A5 one that things get recorded in the order they're released, including rough sketches for sketch challenges (obviously), and this diddy A6 one which records challenges by their closing date. Can you tell I'm a bit OCD!

I decided to 'funk' up the 'diary', using gilding flakes, texture paste through a Clarity stencil, and some appropriate feeling Clarity words. The words kinda got lost, so I painted in the recesses with fresco chalk paints.


The biggest bonus - now I'll always know which is the front cover!

That Craft Place - No Cards
Sunday Stamper - Books

1 comment:

  1. Cool book! I am a notation freak too... I have to write everything down otherwise I will forget it! BTW, love the books you stood it up against... I am a Harry addict! Sorry I am late visiting... and... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete