Saturday 16 May 2015

Molly Tag

I love a day when I can play, and this afternoon I was playing with alcohol markers. I have quite a lot, but I confess I've never really used them 'properly', i.e. graded shading etc. So this was my first attempt at some semblance of shading. I'm rather pleased. I used a mixture of Promarkers and Spectrum Noirs.

The image is from Molly Blooms, isn't she cute :-) With a 'cute' challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Christmas she fits perfectly, and I used the 'cute' page out of an old dictionary as a background, deliberately slicing the FMS sketch in the right place to highlight the word.

By my count this tag could fit about seven challenges, but to play by the rules I have to pick four. Two down - Sunday Stamper (Make a topper) and That Craft Place (Use tags) use up my quota. However, Molly may make a reprise later as I have a second coloured image in my workroom that's too adorable to leave hanging around for long.





Sweet Stampin' Christmas - "Cute Christmas"
Freshly Made Sketches #186
Sunday Stamper - Make a topper
That Craft Place - Tags


5 comments:

  1. Adorable image and so beautifully colored! I hope this beautiful card inspires you to color more. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so sweet and so cute on a tag with the cute button and ribbons. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute tag! Love the image and I think your twine/button top is brilliant.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you'll be back again.
    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute tag, it is very sweet! thank you for playing at that craft place for the tag challenge, and good luck! Rachel, TCP DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect topper... and that booky background again too :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again x

    ReplyDelete