Sunday 14 June 2015

Golden Feather

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink reminded me of childhood ballet classes, with pink tights and navy leotards. No way to reproduce that memory in paper form, but a lighter than air feather seemed an interesting tangent.

This is another NBUS stamp from Clarity. You can't really see it in the photo, but I used it for the same emboss resist technique as I used for Graduated Graduations earlier in the week, as well as embossed it in gold for the main image. I think once I'd fished my glossy card stock out I kept remembering ways to use it!

The gold image was pretty, but lacked a little something, so with slight trepidation I grabbed a paintbrush and some spun sugar ink and added some subtle colour too. To stop it getting lost behind the navy flashes I edged the focal image in denim, and highlighted the flashes with gold.


Just Add Ink #266 - Colour: Pink Pirouette, Night of Navy, Gold
Sketch Saturday #365
Craft Creations #291: Embossing


4 comments:

  1. What a beautifully coloured feather, Claire; it looks gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely crisp creation Claire, your feathers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful - looks like your feather is floating down the card. Peaceful and elegant. Thanks so much for a great use of the Sketch Saturday layout. Take care and come on back on Saturday for the new sketch. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just beautiful! Your feathers are coloured so softly - they give a really lovely feel. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete