Monday 8 June 2015

Sparkly Santa


With a whole day to myself, after catching up on my chores, I retreated to my craft room. This felt like an earned treat after ironing, vacuuming and destinking the kitchen sink ;-)

However, rather than put myself under lots of pressure trying to meet challenge deadlines, I thought I'd fish out some images to play with and see what happened.

Before I came confident enough to use all the stamps I had (! - definitely still learning) I mostly used paper crafting kits and upcycled old greetings cards. Lots of that still hanging around taking up space. I guiltily flicked through and picked out half a dozen images, one of which was this die cut centre of an old Christmas card. Most of the images have now turned into cards, quite a few for Christmas, and mostly using layouts from sketch challenges for which I hadn't managed to meet the deadlines. Very satisfying.

So there I was, minding my own business, and before I know it I've got a card I'm really proud of, and what do you know, it meets a few challenges all by itself!





Friday Mashup #212 - Realised it had got unconsciously ombred! The glittery centre almost counts as an embellishment all on its own!
Jingle Belles - Shake it Santa Baby
Shopping our Stash - Red, Red Wine
Clean and Simple FTL-15: Take Two



11 comments:

  1. Cute card! Great use of old Christmas card1

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the ombre shades of red and little bit of glimmer! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab and sparkly holiday card! such a festive take on our "red red wine" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to recycle! And using up saved parts-is-parts is quite gratifying! Also, I firmly believe a challenge is still good, even past it's expiration date. I mean, it's still a challenge, right?

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun and sparkly Christmas card!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lovin' that glittery die die cut ... and the ribbon sort of looks like Santa's belt .. so very glad you joined us at Jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed! Love the glitter and the font of the "sentiment".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card! Love the pretty red glittery paper!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Red Red Wine" challenge!!
    ~*~*donna~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun and sparkly card! so pleased you could join our "shake it, santa baby" fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and I love the color! Just right for our Red, Red Wine Challenge at Shopping Our Stash! Thanks for playing.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to recycle! Love the glittery tag.

    ReplyDelete