Monday 11 April 2016

Sad Symphony of Purple

This was my original thank you card, until it told me it wanted to be a 'sorry' card. Pretty and melancholic all in one go. I confess this has been brewing a long time, and sadly I think I coloured the flowers too dark so it's lost some of its clarity. Hey ho, it's all learning and I'll know better next time.

The flowers were stamped in versamarked and silver embossed, masking the central flower to bring it to the front. I then 'painted' them with distress ink, before covering them all up, and using a stencil as a mask to create the square in the centre. I trimmed it back a bit before going around the edge with a blending tool and then mounting up on grey. It's double mounted on a 'smooched' bit of card, using my various purple inks on my gelli plate, rather than using my craft mat, as I feel it gives me more control and more smoochability!



Just Add Ink #306: Just add Sympathy
Just Us Girls #338: Smooching (trend week)
Allsorts #358: Purple Passion
CAS on Sunday #80: Flowers
Clarity #38: Masking


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I like your design, Thank you for joining in with us this week at Allsorts, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! The purple is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! The purple is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice project good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super Purple Passion creation and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge this month and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the softness of your center panel paired with those pretty flowers with the smooshed background around the edges. Thanks for playing in our Trend Challenge at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love th contrast of your embossed flowers Witt the masked space and smooching of inks around the edges - so clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these embossed flowers have great detail. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful are your blooms. A stunning use of colour and that background is divine! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely simple card. Using the same inks for the background and colouring the flower makes it look really professional. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect sympathy card and love that its all the one colour too. Those flowers are beautiful and you did a fabulous job of masking. So very glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful sympathy card you've made! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!
    Mariken

    ReplyDelete