Monday 23 January 2017

Birthday wishes

I'm resolved to try and make Monday "Craft" day, so whilst I had various errands I had to run, I really wanted to sit down and produce something tangible today.

This little flowery scrap had been sitting on my workdesk for months, and Paper Players new 'flowers' challenge made me commit to doing something with it. Given it's also a CAS challenge, and wanting to use the Paper Play sketch I decided to just use a single layer on a card blank. Cue masking - I deployed lots of post its to create the coloured border, adding a doodled edging to enhance the depth. Then I decided how wide to make the inner strip, masked it off and brushed the same colours as the border through a stencil. I wasn't sure what to put in the background, other than I wanted it to be subtle, and what's more appropriate behind flowers than a brick wall.

Added a birthday sentiment, as I've got a heap of those coming up. 'Birthday' is one Clarity's fabulous word chains, and I created 'Wishes' from their complementary alphabet set.


Paper Play Sketches #31
Paper Players #328: CAS - Flowers
Addicted to CAS #103: Wish
Seize the Birthday: Dashes or Doodling (hope my squiggles count)


8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative CAS card Claire - I really enjoyed reading your post and how you achieved your border and background to those dainty flowers. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this is so pretty! I love the various shades of yellow. Such a happy card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ink blending behind your blooms and I love how you added your stenciling to this design! Gorgeous card, Claire!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! You did a wonderful job with our sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Play Sketches! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very elegant and Nice card, love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card! Love the little floral branches and your squiggles are just perfect! So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players, Claire!

    ReplyDelete